- Shipping Policy
Whenever possible we will ship items via UPS or by the USPS. Due to size and weight, some products may be shipped truck freight. Shipping costs are based off product, weight, and size. Shipments are made to continental U.S. locations only. Special provisions apply to shipments to Alaska and Hawaii.
Please note that we are currently unable to ship to PO Boxes or Military (APO/FPO) addresses. We must have a residential or commercial physical address in order to ship any item. If a non-physical address is entered we will contact you to obtain a physical address. If we are unable to do so and the item ships, fees may apply for reshipment and delays will occur.
For items that are too large or fragile to be delivered via UPS, we partner with truck freight carriers specializing in the transportation and delivery of large parcel and/or pallet freight orders. Truck freight items cannot be shipped by any express shipping method.
All Truck Freight Shipments Include Lift-Gate Service.
The carrier’s driver will lower the shipment to the curb outside your home. You will be responsible for any further transportation beyond that point. We recommend asking a family member, friend or trusted neighbor for extra help.
Truck Freight Shipping Process:
- Your order is picked up from our warehouse and we send you a Shipping Confirmation email with tracking information to let you know your order is on its way.
- The order is shipped to a Local Delivery Terminal.
- The local terminal will contact you to schedule a delivery date and appointment window.
- Delivery! Be sure to inspect the shipment contents upon delivery. If you have any concerns regarding the condition or packaging of your order, simply describe the issue on the delivery receipt provided by the driver and contact us for assistance.
Free Shipping Policy
Orders over $50 ship free with Standard UPS Ground Service, USPS Priority Mail or Truck Freight delivery. Our Free Shipping offer is available to the 48 contiguous United States only. Orders shipped to Alaska, Hawaii or other non-continental US territories do not qualify. Shipping charges for orders under $50 will be charged an actual shipping cost. Orders that contain individual items that are less than $50.00 will ship free provided the entire order totals more than $50.00. Shipping Fees will be charged for any express shipping requests.
Not all items qualify for free shipping. Check the product page for details. Free Shipping does not apply to items in the Sale category and may not be combined with other offers or discounts.
Sales Tax on Purchases
Sales tax will be applied to purchases shipped to California and Georgia. If you are a tax-exempt customer please send us a copy of your state’s exemption certificate before ordering.
Notice for Use Tax in States Where FactoryBuysDirect.com Does Not Collect Sales Tax:
Purchases are subject to use tax unless exempt from taxation in states other than California and Georgia. The purchase is not exempt merely because it is made over the Internet.
Other states will require customers to report their purchases that were not taxed and pay use tax on those purchases. Customers should check their state’s reporting requirements for tax forms to be used for this purpose.
Notice for Installing Gas Heating Appliances
Only a qualified agency should install and replace gas piping, gas utilization equipment or accessories, and repair or equipment servicing.
The term “qualified agency” means any individual, firm, corporation, or company that either in person or through a representative is engaged in and is responsible for:
- Installing, testing, or replacing gas piping
- Or Connecting, installing, testing, repairing, or servicing equipment; that is experienced in such work; that is familiar with all precautions required; and that has complied with all the requirement of the authority having jurisdiction.
The customer may be required to provide proof of installation by a qualified agency. Failure to follow this notice may result in void of return, refund or product warranty.