Let the Avenger cooler be your hero!
Hurricane Irma, a category 5 storm is getting ready to wreak havoc — just days after category 4 Hurricane Harvey flooded most of Texas and the Gulf Coast. When you’re watching the local and regional weather news with tropical waves coming off the coast of Florida and Texas, that’s about the time you start ticking off the list of things you ought to have on hand just in case you need them in the event of a tropical storm or hurricane landing in your area. On that list of must-have items, ice chest with extra thick walls should be right near the top of your priorities. One of great reasons that stands out is the affordability of an Avenger Hero cooler.
In emergency situations or during events where scarcity is a serious possibility, there are many people who can’t afford to pay hundreds of dollars for one single cooler and whose budgets are mostly concerned with the bare necessities of survival.For the cost of a single quality rotomolded cooler, people can get coolers that keep food, drinks, and medicines cold for days.
During emergency events, this economic advantage is a great convenience because not only can less fortunate people easily afford the Avenger rotomolded coolers, but well-to-do people can ensure their own comfort and still help others by having multiple units on hand, just in case. to approach the price, the total money that you lose in groceries during a natural disaster is the same or more as buying an Avenger rotomolded Hero cooler.
- Buy dry or block ice to keep your cooler as cold as possible if the power is going to be out for a prolonged period of time.
- If you plan to eat refrigerated or frozen meat, poultry, fish, or eggs while they are still at safe temperatures, it is important that each item is thoroughly cooked to a safe minimum internal temperature to ensure that any foodborne bacteria that may be present are destroyed. However, if at any point the food was above 40º F for 2 hours or more (or 1 hour if temperatures are above 90 º F) — discard it.
- Use bottled water that has not been exposed to flood waters, if it is available.
- If you don’t have bottled water, you should boil or disinfect water to make it safe.
Do what you can ahead of time to store your food safely in an emergency, put your dry food on shelves that will be safely out of the way of contaminated water if you live in a location that could be affected by a flood.
The Federal Emergency Management Agency suggests:
- Making an emergency supply kit
- Making a family emergency plan
- Buying a portable generator
- Being informed
With all the market options, out there – the Avenger Hero lineup provides both performance and a solid price point that is far lower than many competitor brands – while maintaining the same or a better level of performance. So, if you are thinking about an upgraded cooler, we say go for it! You never know when that return on investment will present itself.